Consultant – Psychiatrist
Position Profile: We are currently seeking to appoint a Consultant – Psychiatrist for our Mental Health Department. In this role you will be accountable for the clinical management of patients (including families and carers) of the South West Mental Health Service as a member of the Multidisciplinary team. You will also provide clinical services primarily to the Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU), Bunbury Hospital, and to the whole region as required I agreement with the Clinical Director and Regional Mental Health Manger. Supervises work of junior medical staff.
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Eligible for Registration by the Medical Board of Australia and hold Fellowship of the RANZCP recognised equivalent specialist qualifications/recognition.
- Demonstrated significant clinical experience managing high acuity patients in an acute mental health setting.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Western Australian Mental Health Act 2014 and other relevant mental health legislation (or equivalent other jurisdiction’s Mental Health Act legislation).
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to understand service strategic and operational requirements, and implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce access blocks or delays in access to care.
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to represent the organisation externally.
- Demonstrated commitment to working closely with consumers and families to deliver recovery orientated and patient centred care.
- Experience in providing services to clients from diverse backgrounds and demonstrated cultural competence skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively supervise junior medical staff.
Remuneration: MP Year 1-9 $354,487 – $451,677 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and applicable allowances). Rates as at October 2018. As per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016.
This is a Fixed Term Full Time (80 hours) appointment for up to 5 years
For more information about the position, including how to apply go to: https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/00610003 SW Consultant Psychiatrist . Applications must be lodged online by 4pm (WST) 01/02/2021. Any submissions after 4:00pm will not be accepted.
For further information or enquiries please contact Dr Allison Newman on 08 9781 2373.
Company details: WACHS is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area.
The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia.
South West Health Profile: http://www.wacountry.health.wa.gov.au/index.php?id=447