Practice Manager – Group of General Practices
The role – Practice Manager
As our new Practice Manager, the focus of your role will be, to be the “Mother Hen” to our dedicated non clinical and clinical team members as well as our wider community of patients. Nurturing a spectrum of personalities and functionality across multiple sites will be second nature to you. These key attributes will be the vital ingredients to assist you in embracing and growing within and beyond the role.
The jist of the job is to manage human resources, maintain financial records and implement quality systems in order to ensure smooth and efficiently functioning practices across various locations in Gold Coast and The Whitsunday region, in addition to providing an exceptional standard of care to our patients.
This is a newly created Practice Manager position that was previously managed by one of the owners. The incumbent will be there to ensure a smooth transition and future growth and will act as your sounding board, mentor and guide to enable you to develop your footing in this dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
You will be an open minded SUPER STAR who thinks outside the square, is adept with using your intuitive, can work autonomously under guidance and someone who does not accept mediocrity.
This is an amazing opportunity to expand on skills you have gained over your already well established medical / healthcare career … all whilst being given the reigns to grow businesses, people and your own skill set, knowledge and experiences.
A previous General Practice, Practice Manager or similar role will not only help you hit the ground running, it will also contribute to your enjoyment of your new job and new environment .
This is an opportunity to join a privately owned small group of Bulk Billing Medical Centres located in Queensland with a BIG vision and sensible and sustainable plan for growth. They are a well oiled ship that understands the fundamentals of business within a medical environment.
The company and its various brands are well respected within their locations communities. The teams of people that you will be managing work tirelessly to support those communities, the individual brands and the wider business. Everyone is considered family, is appreciated and work towards the common goal.
The Nuts and Bolts of the Role … Job Description
· Determine annual business goals in consultation with the Practice Principal(s).
· Develop and implement strategies for achievement of practice goals.
· Prepare budgets and business plans around the goals.
· Provide regular reports on business performance in relation to the budgets, business plans, and business goals.
Risk Assessment and Management
· Undertake regular risk assessments in the areas of financial services, human resources, facilities, clinical services and patient services.
· Review all significant events/incidents, near misses or mistakes in accordance with practice procedures and in consultation with the Practice Principal(s) where required.
· Maintain responsibility for handling all internally or externally generated grievances to resolution.
· Develop and maintain the practice’s emergency response plan.
· Recruitment, development and management of non-clinical practice staff to ensure high performance and continuing professional improvement.
· Leadership and management including team building, delegation of tasks, performance management and conflict resolution.
· Instigate and manage staff meetings
· Manage and coordinate team member timesheets with payroll to ensure accuracy
Quality Improvement Leadership
· Take leadership in reviewing and improving practice systems to ensure smooth and efficient functioning, high quality services and continuous improvement.
· Actively encourage engagement and participation of other members of the practice team in quality improvement opportunities.
· Maintain a quality improvement plan that is regularly reviewed and feedback presented to the practice team.
· Manage patient complaints when necessary
· Maintain and control debtors, creditors and general ledger to ensure maximum profitability and cash flow and compliance with all taxation, record keeping and other statutory requirements. Prepare financial reports and taxation records and liaise with external accountant as required.
Equipment and Software and Data Security
· Maintain primary responsibility for the practice’s electronic systems and computer security, in consultation with our external IT contractor, including:
o Maintaining computer hardware and software
o Scheduling maintenance and upgrades of equipment
o Educating the practice team about data security and the need to follow the practice’s security protocols and policies
o Monitoring all members of the practice team to ensure they are following the practice’s security protocols and policies.
· Prepare recommendations and arrange finance for purchase of capital equipment.
· Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure the practice is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including industrial and employment law, workplace health and safety requirements, privacy obligations and taxation responsibilities.
· Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required.
· Ensure practice complies with all contractual obligations.
· Other responsibilities and duties as required, including cover of reception if needed.
If this role is of interest to you, please click the apply now button to submit your resume. We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.