Practice Nurse | Thriving General Practice | Idyllic Whitsundays
Cannonvale Medical Centre is a well established General Practice, with a committed team of General Practitioners searching for an experienced Practice Nurse to join our growing, supportive and collaborative team.
Our Medical Centre provides a friendly, positive and respectful work environment whilst offering patients of all ages a variety of services to help with the management of their well-being.
The suitable candidate will need to be clinically competent, have a professional, mature outlook with exceptional communication and administration skills. Your role will be to provide support to patients and doctors.
Our team is supportive and we look after everyone like they are part of our extended family.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Triage and Assessment of Patients
- Wound management, including removal of sutures
- Treatment Room Assisting
- Assistance with Minor procedures
- Ear Syringing
- Maintaining recall and reminder system
- Cold chain management
- Chronic Disease Management (TCA, GPMP and Health Assessments)
- Support and assistance with pre employment and coal board medicals
- Heart and Lung checks with ECG, Spirometry and ABI
Skills and experience
- Previous work experience in General Practice Medical Centre
- Current AHPRA registration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise your workload and confidence in working autonomously
- Has experience and knowledge of performing Care Plans and Health Assessments
- Willingness to assist in Administrative tasks
Preferred but not essential:
- Previous knowledge of Best Practice Software
- Venepuncture experience
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to join our well established, friendly, professional work environment, please send your cover letter and resume or call Marama Montgomery for a confidential discussion 045 100 6200
All applications will remain confidential.
Our practice is under new management, we have a stable team of Medical Professionals (both clinical and non clinical) and are well respected in the community. We are a family orientated business that believes in working collaboratively. We have additional Doctors joining us in the coming months and need additional support.
Ideally, this role is part time and although we can work in with your availability, our opening hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday and 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.